And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:2)
- Test Your Thoughts – Is this thought pleasing to God.
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: (I John 4:1)
- Refuse Wrong Thoughts – Capture wrong thoughts and submit them to God.
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; (II Corinthians 10:5)
- Resist the Wrong Thoughts – Share every thought with the Lord immediately and resist the thought.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)
- Memorize and Meditate on God’s Word. Give the Holy Spirit of God a mighty arsenal of truth to use in your life.
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. (Psalms 119:11)
- Think intentionally – Focus and filter your thoughts. Philippians 4:8 tells us what our minds should be focussed on. If the thought doesn’t fit the “these things” then filter it out! Then focus once again on “these things.”
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (Philippians 4:8)